:15s Jump Rope (singles or doubles)
:30s Warrior Squat –
:15s Alternating DB Strict Press (both bells in front rack, light loads, alternating presses)
:30s Russian Baby Makers –
Steadily start to climb in intensity:
5 Light Dummbell Thrusters
:15 Jump Rope (singles of doubles)
Rest as needed between.
As we move, we can start to slowly start to build in dumbbell thruster loading. This is a prime opportunity to dial in our technique and positioning here before the weights become too heavy to focus on so.
10 min alternating EMOM
Min 1 work
Min 2 rest
:0-:20 sec max power cleans 135/95
:20-30 sec max Ring MU
100/70 Calorie Row
… Directly into:
50 Wallballs (20/14)
30 Alternating Single Dumbbell Power Snatches (50/35)
• Larger row buy-in (completed once at the start)
• 3 Rounds of the couplet to follow.
• Simple movements inside the couplet (WB+Snatch), but challenging under the fatigue of the start with the row.
• Aim is to get comfortable cycling large sets of these movements despite that fatigue.
• On the row, let’s push our pace some. For meters, we pace. For calories, we push slightly more given the accumulation on the sliding scale.
• Imagine holding just a few seconds slower than your 2K pace. Aggressive, but manageable. We again want to be taxed going into the couplet for the training goal today.
• Despite feeling the row, just start. Don’t think, and just transition to the wallball for our first 10 reps. Re-asses on the way. We’re not doing a set of 50.. we’re doing a set of 10 to start. Make a judgement call after 5 reps.
Example breakup strategies: